QUEBEC-SELECTED SKILLED WORKERS
Quebec-selected skilled workers
The Quebec Skilled Workers Program objective is to secure immigration candidates who possess certain skills and who are planning to settle in Quebec.
The Quebec Regular Skilled Worker Program is for skilled workers who are more likely to stablish themselves economically in the province.
To apply under Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP), there are nine factors for eligibility. Under this program a single applicant needs at least 50 points or 59 points as a couple. The points are awarded based on the following selection factors:
- Training (Max 26 points) , Education – 14 points, Areas of Training – 12 points
- Work Experience (Max 8 points)
- Age (Max 16 points)
- Language Proficiency (Max 22 points)
- Quebec connection (Max 8 points)
- Characteristic of Spouse (Max 17 points)
- Validates job offer (Max 10 points)
- Accompanying Children (Max 8 points)
- Financial Self – Sufficiency (Max 1 point)