The study permit is a document, issued by the government to allow foreign nationals to study at designated institutions (DLIs) in Canada. Most foreign nationals need a study permit to study in Canada and they should apply before entering Canada.
A foreign national needs a student visa to enter Canada and a study permit to study and remain in Canada.
Eligibility & Requirements:
- Always be enrolled in a DLI institution
- Letter of acceptance
- Proof of financial support
- Make progress towards completing your program
- Obey the conditions on your study permit
- Stop studying if you no longer meet the requirements